RI 2014 Governor’s Race Weekly Scorecard
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Each week GoLocal's reporters, editors and MINDSETTERS™ review and grade the candidates, policy statements, their media, and the campaign activities for each of the five major likely candidates for Governor of Rhode Island: Gina Raimondo (D), Angel Taveras (D), Allan Fung (R), Ken Block (R) and the newly announced Clay Pell (D).
10 Questions Pell Has to Answer When Running for Gov of RI
10. Pell's Base?
Where is Pell’s voter base going to come from?
Seriously – Another No Private Sector Experience Governor?
8. Decision making
Has he ever had to make an executive decision?
7. Ordinary RIers
Can Pell connect to Rhode Islanders?
Progressives and Unions are in Love with Pell, is that good for RI?
5. Kwan Factor
Is he more than Michelle Kwan’s husband?
4. Claiborne Factor
Is he more than Claiborne Pell’s Grandson?
3. GOP Factor
Can Pell beat a Republican?
2. Experience, any?
Does Pell have any experience?
1. Tough Enough?
Is Pell tough enough?
- RI 2014 Governor’s Race Weekly Scorecard
- RI 2014 Governor’s Race Weekly Scorecard
- Introducing: RI 2014 Governor’s Race Weekly Scorecard
- 10 Questions Pell Has to Answer When Running for Gov of RI
- Clay Pell: 14 To Watch in Rhode Island in 2014
- Don Roach: Who is Clay Pell?
- EXCLUSIVE: Clay Pell Looks To Run For Governor in 2014
- Is Clay Pell the Next Lincoln Chafee?
- John Perilli: Pell’s Path Forward
- NEW: Pell Makes Rhode Island Gubernatorial Run Official
- NEW: Clay Pell Announces Run For RI Governor Via Video
- NEW: RI’s Clay Pell Engaged to Michelle Kwan
- 10 Questions Raimondo Has to Answer When Running for Gov of RI
- 2014 RI Governor’s Race - Raimondo Has the Early Money Lead
- A LIVELY EXPERIMENT, Chafee-Raimondo Bill Pt. 1
- A LIVELY EXPERIMENT, Chafee-Raimondo Bill Pt. 2
- AFSCME Info Request on Money Managers’ Fees Blocked By Raimondo
- Aaron Regunberg: A Closer Look at Raimondomania
- Arthur Schaper: Gina Raimondo, You KO’d My 401(k)!
- Arthur Schaper: What Would You Say To Them, Treasurer Raimondo?
- Arthur Schaper: Why Gina Raimondo Should Sue Jerry Brown
- Battle Brewing Between Chafee & Raimondo
- Block: Fung + Raimondo “Engage in Destructive Political Games”
- Carol Anne Costa: Raimondo Steps Up For Crime Victims
- Don Roach: Can We Believe Raimondo?
- EXCLUSIVE: RI Pension Investment in Raimondo’s Pt. Judith Had Steep Losses
- EXCLUSIVE: State Pension Fund Lost $200M under Raimondo
- Ethics Commission: No Conflict for Raimondo
- Exclusive: Rolling Stone’s Taibbi Responds to Raimondo Comments
- Forbes Columnist Attacks Nesi’s Relationship With Raimondo
- Forbes Magazine Blasts Raimondo - “‘Reform’ Looks More Like Wall Street Feeding Frenzy”
- Former Teachers Union Head Blasts Raimondo’s Pension Investments
- INVESTIGATION: Raimondo Gives State Contracts to Campaign Donors
- INVESTIGATION: Raimondo Lobbied for Venture Pal’s Business
- In Case You Missed It: Raimondo’s Pension Investments
- John Hazen White’s LOOKOUT: In Defense of Gina Raimondo
- LISTEN- State Pension Fund Pays $570,000 to Raimondo’s Former Firm
- Laffey Blasts Raimondo on Pension Reform
- Matt Taibbi’s Deceptive Hatchet Job on Gina Raimondo
- NEW POLL: Shows Raimondo Over Chafee and Doherty Over Taveras
- NEW: Block Blasts Chafee and Raimondo on “Closed Door Deal Making”
- NEW: Block Blasts Raimondo’s Infrastructure Proposal
- NEW: Brown Poll Says Raimondo Leads Taveras in Democratic Primary
- NEW: Caprio Splits with Raimondo on Hedge Funds
- NEW: Fox and Raimondo Team Up on Legislation on “Economic Growth”
- NEW: Fung Calls for Chafee and Raimondo to “Come Clean” on Pensions
- NEW: GOP Accuses Raimondo of Pay-for-Play
- NEW: Ken Block Criticizes Raimondo’s Agenda
- NEW: Raimondo Addresses Supporters Following Pension Investigation
- NEW: Raimondo Failed to Comply with State Divestment Law
- NEW: Raimondo Featured In Institutional Investor on Pension Reform
- NEW: Raimondo Hires New Chief Investment Officer
- NEW: Raimondo Introduces Summer Smart Money Tour in Rhode Island
- NEW: Raimondo Launches Bid for Rhode Island Governor
- NEW: Raimondo Mentee Running for State Senate
- NEW: Raimondo One of Four Honored For Excellence
- NEW: Raimondo Picks New Administrator for Victims Fund
- NEW: Raimondo Reviews Pension Portfolio for Gun Holdings
- NEW: Raimondo Says Taveras Broke Pledge on Employee, Vendor Giving
- NEW: Raimondo to Answer Calls Regarding Unclaimed Property
- NEW: Raimondo to Discuss Distressed Municipalities
- NEW: Raimondo to Host Local Pension Workshop
- NEW: Raimondo to Launch Financial Empowerment Initiative
- NEW: Raimondo’s Office Responds to Rolling Stone Article
- NEW: Raimondo—Pension Reform Needed to Avoid Budget Disaster
- NEW: Raimondo—‘Time to Avoid Future Catastrophe’
- NEW: Rolling Stone Article Out Today Takes Harsh Look at Raimondo
- NEW: Siedle Blasts Raimondo for Withholding Hedge Fund Info
- NEW: Taveras Calls on Raimondo to Have Enron Exec $100K Returned
- NEW: Taveras’ Poll Shows Considerable Lead Over Raimondo
- NEW: Treasurer Raimondo Opposes ‘Closed-Door Meetings’ Ahead of Pension Case
- NEW: Treasurer Raimondo Voices Support for Gay Marriage
- New: Raimondo Issues ‘State of the Treasury’ Mid-term Report
- RI State Report: Big Bucks For Raimondo + Unionization Battle
- RI State Report: Block v. Raimondo, RI Goes Green + Gun Violence
- RI State Report: Surprise Raimondo Donors, Block Turns Republican
- Raimondo Dominates Rest Of State In Fundraising
- Raimondo Enters RI Governor’s Race via Video
- Raimondo Expands Staff
- Raimondo Got Donation from Hedge Fund Indicted for Fraud
- Raimondo Issues Detailed Rebuttal to Rolling Stone Article
- Raimondo Launches Audit of Disability Pensions
- Raimondo Received $21K from Employees of SEC Violators
- Raimondo Receives up to $500,000 Payment from Pt. Judith Firm
- Raimondo Stops Short of Endorsing Cicilline
- Raimondo, Chafee Form Special Pension Task Force
- Raimondo: Already Gearing up for 2014 Run?
- Raimondo: Pensions Dragging Down RI Economy
- Russ Moore: Can Raimondo Out-Spin The Unions?
- Russ Moore: Raimondo vs. Taveras = Clinton vs. Obama in RI
- Russell Moore: Raimondo vs. Taveras vs. Pell?
- Russell Moore: Raimondo, Taxpayers Win in Pension Settlement
- Russell Moore: Rhode Island’s Gina Raimondo Turns Opaque
- Russell Moore: Risk, Volatility + High Fees—Raimondo’s Gamble
- Should Raimondo Release Contracts with Hedge Funds
- State Pension Fund Pays $570,000 to Raimondo’s Former Firm
- Tea Party Lines Up Behind Treasurer Raimondo on Pension Reform
- The Scoop: Block Critiques Raimondo Over Lack of Transparency
- The Scoop: Cicilline’s Former Campaign Manager Joins Raimondo Team
- The Scoop: Clay Pell’s Cousin Donated $2,250 to Raimondo; More